Jul 28, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Okay, let's see if we can do one blog without a picture of Braelyn in it...


Ever since I was little, I loved garden fresh vegetables. I always loved going through Grandpa's garden and eating the tomatoes right off the vine. Grandma would prepare cucumbers and tomatoes with vinegar. To this day, it is still one of my favorites. Shelley has learned to enjoy it as well. I must have inherited my desire to garden from my Grandpas. I've always loved doing that type of thing. We were able to get the yard mostly done just in time to plant the garden. Because of the extreme heat and the limited space we had to keep it pretty small. As you'll see the tomatoes and zucchini have done really well. The cucumbers and yellow squash didn't do as good, although they did produce a few edible veggies. I was really hoping to have better cucumber production. They would start off real well, but then they would whither away after about an inch of growth. Not sure what we did wrong there. We even tried planting earlier this year.

We had some good Zucchini, and a few yellow squash (not pictured)

Lots and lots of Tomatoes which is good because they're our favorite.

Sorry, it's just too hard to leave Braelyn out of the pictures.

Plus, this is the only picture we have of the plants. Braelyn has been growing just about as fast as the garden.

5 comments:

Farris said...

Goodness! That cucumber is HUGE. I wish I was there to eat some of those tomatoes, especially being pregnant I crave that vinegar, cucumbers and tomatoes.

Farris said...

Oops....that was a squash that was so huge. It looks like a cucumber.

Ron and Debbie said...

Grandpa Goodman and Grandpa Hall would be proud of you Chris for your garden. Good job!

Colton and Ashley said...

Nice Garden...I'm jealous! I especially like the little girl you grew...can you grow me some that cute?

Ron and Debbie said...

Those are some delicious looking tomatoes! I'm so glad someone in our family knows how to garden. Keep up the good work! Grandpa and Grandma Goodman just gave us some vegetables from their garden, but their tomatoes aren't ripe yet. They would be so proud! Grandpa Hall too!