Sep 3, 2008

Shots!

Okay, why didn't anyone warn me that shots just get harder the older they get? How heartbreaking! I know I should know a little bit about this but it's so different when it's your own baby. These pictures are from Braelyns 4 month old shots and her 6 month ones are coming up soon. I hate it! The first time she did okay at the Dr's but we had a horrible night, she just cried and cried. We finally got her to sleep by running the vacuum. The second time, thankfully Chris went with me, she was so aware and so sad I could hardly take it. It's much easier when they're clueless. I know all you experienced parents are totally making fun of me right now but when does it get easier? Yes, I now have a whole new respect for childbirth and shot giving.
Cute little chubby legs!

5 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

Dang! Not fair to do that to Papas girl. Next time call Papa and I will take care of that Doctor.

Marisa said...

It never gets easier!! I finally started giving Madiysn tylenol just before we left for the doctor, and then it was working when the pain started. She cried a bit from the poke, but not too much after. Then I just kept her on it through the night. It worked great for us.

Farris said...

I know, isn't it sad! It really doesn't get any better. They Tylenol thing does work good, it's the only thing that you can really do. At least she looks happy in the picture.

Alisha said...

The only thing that gets easier is that YOU are more prepared with the next child. Definitely do the Tylenol thing and just remind yourself that it could be worse if she actually got one of the diseases you are protecting her from.

US said...

Hey, this is Dustin and Kristen Lantz. Cute baby! I love his chubby legs. Chubby legs are the best!